squeak = squeal

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Fri, 06 Mar 1998 12:08:23 -0800

Hi all,

I am having a problem with a Kawai GE-1. When the damper pedal is depressed
slowly the capstans on the under side of the dampers appear to be squeaking
as the damper tray lift. The tray is metal with a nice felt surface. It
appears to happen only in the bass section of the instrument, but I may be
totally out to lunch!

Any suggestions as to an appropriate lubricant or other solution would save
what little hair I have left.

And NO Bill Bremmer I am NOT bashing this piano or any other makers! I only
mentioned the specific model in hopes of some other technician having been
*up the creek*!
Regards,
"Tuner for the Centre of the Arts"
drose@dlcwest.com