Fwd: Toni_Stancliff@DistCustSvc-Ada.CCMAIL.compuserve.com: Helicopter Malfunction

Greg Newell gnewell@EN.COM
Fri, 06 Mar 98 18:22:46

>To: gnewell@en.com
>Subject: Toni_Stancliff@DistCustSvc-Ada.CCMAIL.compuserve.com:
>	Helicopter Malfunction
>From: tmawhinney@juno.com (Terri Mawhinney)
>Date: Fri, 06 Mar 1998 10:40:11 EST

From: Toni_Stancliff@DistCustSvc-Ada.CCMAIL.compuserve.com
To:
adhesive@adhesives.com,
KimSummers@CompuServe.com,leoboot@ix.netcom.com,tmawhinney@juno.com,Le
e_Bahlman@AMWAY.CCMAIL.compuserve.com,Don_Kuiphoff@AMWAY.CCMAIL.compus
erve.com,Tim_Shuck@AMWAY.CCMAIL.compuserve.com,"Bill_Somerville@DistCu
stSvc(055.CCMAIL.compuserve.com,"Tim_Steidel@ANA
(055.CCMAIL.compuserve.com,Tom_Stephenson@AMWAY.CCMAIL.compuserve.com,
Donna_Stoutjesdyk@AMWAY.CCMAIL.compuserve.com,Lori_Weld@AMWAY.CCMAIL.c
ompuserve.com,"Kare
Subject: Helicopter Malfunction
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 09:16:15 -0500

     A helicopter was flying above Seattle when an electrical
malfunction

     disabled all of the aircraft's electronic navigation and
     communications
     equipment. Due to the clouds and haze, the pilot could not
determine

     the
     helicopter's position and course to steer to the airport. The
pilot
     saw
     a tall building, flew toward it, circled, drew a handwritten
sign
and
     held it up in the helicopter window. The pilot's sign
said,``Where
am
     I?'' in large letters. The people in the tall building quickly
     responded
     to the aircraft, drewa large sign and held it to the window of
their

     building. Their sign read,``You are in a helicopter.'' The pilot

     smiled,
     waved, looked at the map, determined the course to steer to the
SEATAC
     airport and landed safely.
     After they were on the ground, the copilot asked the pilot how
the
     ``You
     are
     in a helicopter'' sign helped determine their position. The
pilot
     responded,
     ``I knew that had to be the Microsoft building because, similar
     their
     help-lines, they gave me a technically correct but completely
useless
     answer!''

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Greg and Mary Ellen Newell
Greg's Piano Forte`
Lakewood, Ohio 44107
gnewell@en.com