Metric vs US/Imperial (was Re: Hamburg strings sizes reply

Tim Keenan & Rebecca Counts tkeenan@kermode.net
Fri, 06 Mar 1998 20:41:48 -0800

Delwin D Fandrich wrote:

> PS.  After enjoying the show "Guys & Dolls" tonight, we're all going to pop out for a pint
> or two! I may like my scales in millimeters, but don't you dare mess with my beer!

Del--

Is that an Imperial pint or a US pint? I would rather have 1/2 a litre
than a US pint (16 oz), but rather and Imperial pint (20 oz) than 1/2 a
litre. Not to mention that the ounces are even slightly different sizes
between the two systems--those of us who started school before the
changeover in Canada grew up with Imperial measures, but for obvious
reasons we had to be familiar with the differences between the American
system and ours. Just another good reason for everyone to use the same
system, and all in all, I am happier in the metric system, although I am
equally comfortable in either.