Voicing question

Wimblees Wimblees@aol.com
Sat, 7 Mar 1998 14:26:50 EST

<< My present thinking is that the board has pushed up a little stronger
 against the strings and that the impedance between strings and board has
 changed enough so that there is more resistance of the board to the
 energy of the string's downward pressure and that this causes the duration
 to increase, but I can't understand the greater power also.

 Jim Coleman, Sr. >>

For what it's worth, maybe it not he piano that is creating more power, but
the air arround it. Sound carries further in water. Perhaps the humidity in
the air is amplifying the sound more. (just a wild guess)

Willem Blees