DC and Tone

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Sun, 08 Mar 1998 14:29:54 -0800

Hi David,

The humidifier *only* on one instrument was unplugged.

The pianos being *individuals* to start with had had different tone colors
(similar but you could tell in a blindfold situation which was which). The
*better* (very subjective) was the one that was unplugged. There was no
great difference in the pitch drop between the 2 instruments. But the tone
color became thin i.e. Less round sounding in the *better* making it the
*poor* cousin. When the humdifier was plugged in the tone improved again. I
did not check to see if the pitch had risen.

The controller is in fact on the *other* instrument. I found that with 2
humidistats so close together neither dc functioned correctly. So I ran
cords from one system to the humidistat on the other!

Regards, Don