CA Seizure

Bob Anderson fndango@azstarnet.com
Sun, 08 Mar 1998 14:39:43 -0700

To reply to Susan Kline's query: I've read a post recently in which
someone managed to break letoff button screws after too much CA. I
haven't tried CA for that application yet. But I'm not afraid. I think
the key is getting the right amount of glue for the application. There
are some applications I've used that I haven't heard mentioned:
tightening rattling grand lid prop and lid hinge pins, stopping clicking
hammer birdseyes when they are cracked (yes, it can be done without
seizing the flange), keeping grand wippen butterfly spring pins from
working out (I tried this after following someone's suggestion to cut
the center pin at both ends. This allegedly would keep the pin from
working out. That didn't work for me, but the CA held fine.)

One failure I've had recently: I used CA to glue a broken key button. It
didn't work. I resorted to Tightbond(sp?) It had been glued before.
Perhaps the CA didn't like the old glue on the broken surfaces.

Bob Anderson
Tucson,
AZ