Some Loctites lock tighter than others

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Sun, 8 Mar 1998 22:25:53 -0800 (PST)

>Susan and List,
>	First sorry for copying all of this in the reply but I just
>didn't know what to leave out.  Second, I most certainly did not mean
>to suggest super glue on threads. The Loctite I am aware of and have
>used in the past simply makes sure that they won't back out on theri
>own.  A tech with a screwdriver can easily overcome any Loctite
>application.
>					Greg Newell

Sorry about this, Greg.

The Loctite you are talking about (anaerobic glue) was something I hadn't
heard of till this morning, when people started explaining it to me.

Loctite is also a company name. I hear they make a huge variety of different
glues. I recognized the name because they manufacture my favorite superglue,
which they market as Quick Tite, available in small bottles from the corner
hardware, K-mart, etc.

Perhaps it's just as well that we got confused about this on the list,
since it would be easy for someone to read about your Loctite, and buy
mine, with disasterous results!

Sincerely,

Susan

Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651
Philomath, OR 97370
skline@proaxis.com

"I don't want to go hunting for knowledge: I want it to come and grab me."
			-- Ashleigh Brilliant