batteries (VTD)

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Sun, 08 Mar 1998 23:10:45 -0800

Owen J Greyling, RPT wrote:

> How do those of you who use an RCT every day, deal with the short charge battery?

Owen,

The power limitations of a portable computer are mainly due to the
energy-consuming display. Having had the companionship of same for over
a year, now, I'd say the price is well worth it.

Mostly, the way I've been using RCT is to plug into the AC and running
on battery when there is no power available (certain houses in the stix,
piano in middle of stage, etc.).

Since I also have a spare, fully-charged battery in my case, I'll
sometimes tune all day on battery power alone, if time is pressing, and
then recharge at home (some aural tuning required). I don't yet have the
capability of recharging in the car but that would be the way if you
like the idea of going cordless. In the future, remembering that the
only problem I've had with the Powerbook is the DC connector, I plan on
getting the auto charger so that I can recharge between tunings.

Good luck on making the right choice.

Tom

--
Thomas A. Cole RPT