VTD battery

Carl Fischer fischerc@nevada.edu
Mon, 09 Mar 1998 15:37:30 +0000

Owen wrote:
>  I am considering the purchase of a VTD. I am very interested in the
> Sanderson Accu-Tuner, and/or the Reyburn CyberTuner. As the new version of
> the SAT is not yet available, I have a few weeks to make up my mind. Reading
> the article in the Jan 97 Journal, on the RCT, I can't possibly find
> anything to complain about concerning the usefullness of this VTD. My only
> concern would be with the power limitations of any lap-top computer. How do
> those of you who use an RCT every day, deal with the short charge battery? I
> know with my cell phone, I need to often charge in the car, on my way home
> after a full day, so my phone still works. Does this seem to be a problem
> with the RCT. This is not intended as a criticism, I simply want to know how
> other professionals, doing a full days work, cope with this.

Hi Owen,

I have RCT running on a Macintosh powerbook 1400c (BTW you should consider
getting the 2400c).  I have 3 batteries and a desktop charger (I always have
at least one freshly charged battery, also get the auto charger for your car),
 I carry an extra battery in my case, so that I don't have to plug in my
powerbook during tunings.  I average about 3 hours per battery.  Depending on
your technique, you can do around 4-5 pianos.

I've been very happy with the Reyburn Cybertuner program, it's more expensive,
but it's so cool. URL http://www.reyburn.com

yours,

--
Carl Fischer, RPT
UNLV Piano Shop

mailto:fischerc@nevada.edu

"You may make mistakes, but you are not a failure until you start blaming
someone else"

"Great people talk about IDEAS, Average people talk about THINGS, Small people
talk about OTHER PEOPLE."

"Blessed is the Man who expects nothing.
 For He shall never be disappointed"