Hamburg strings sizes reply

Mon, 09 Mar 1998 23:20:17 -0800

DGPEAKE wrote:

> <<
>  I converted our shop to the metric system of measurement some years ago. I
> have no
>  regrets.  >>
>
> I just purchased and downloaded Termain Parsons PScale program.  He asks for
> length measurements to be in metric.  As for sending the bass scale to Mapes
> they want it in US measurements.  He says the program will convert over but I
> wonder, how accurate?
>
> Scaley yours,
>
> Dave Peake, RPT
> Portland, OR

  ---------------------------

Dave,

You'd have to ask Parsons about that. It's certainly an easy conversion for a computer to
make. Assuming, of course, that the measurements come in decimal inches, not fraction.
Surely there is no longer any reasonable excuse for measuring a stringing scale in
fractions of an inch.

I use an Excel spreadsheet that has evolved over many years. I can take measurements in
either inch or metric measurements, but I greatly prefer metric. When I furnish data for
the string winder, those measurements are usually in inch measurements and correspond
directly to the actual wire sizes commonly in use by US string winders.

Del