Plugs

Al Jeschke jeschkea@cadvision.com
Tue, 10 Mar 1998 14:39:00 -0800

robert sadowski wrote:

 > Dear List,
 >     What type of glue is best for installing pinblock plugs?
 >
 > Thanks,
 > Bob Sadowski
 > Erie, PA.
 ==============================

 Preferably a gap filling glue, such as CA or epoxy.  When installing
 pinblock plugs some years ago I installed one with a good carpenters
 glue, which to my dismay wanted to stick and was difficult to get to
 the bottom of the hole.  Besides, air lock with carpenters glue was
also a problem to the close fitting plug to hole.  All the other plugs
were easily installed  with epoxy.  After the tuning pins were in
place, the  pin in the plug glued with carpenters glue felt slightly
spongy,  whereas the epoxy glued ones were as solid as regular
pinblock.

 Al Jeschke
 Calgary, AB