rebuilding cost

Wimblees Wimblees@aol.com
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 00:18:23 EST

I just got a call from a customer in Ft. Lauderdale Fl, who is moving to St.
Louis, inquiring about the cost of rebuilding her Steinway grand. I told her
it would be around $10,000 - $12,000, which, I told her, is comparable to what
other technicians in other parts of the country would charge. She informed me
that this is about the same as what Steinway in New York would charge, but
that Victor's in Miami was quoting her about $5000 for the same work. I told
her that either Victor's was not going to do all of the work she wanted, or
their work is not of the same standard as the other rebuilders, or Steinway's.
She was hoping that rebuilding costs would be much lower in the Midwest.

I told her I would find out about Victor's in Miami.

Anyone from Southern Florida out there who can help with this? Do they do
quality work, and are they a reputable company to do busines with?

You can E-mail me personally, or on the list.

Willem Blees RPT
St. Louis