strict temperature effects

Alexander Galembo galembo@psyc.queensu.ca
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 11:56:46 -0500

I have participated (1970-ies) in the research of  "temperature vs. pitch"
in vertical pianos, but this research was related to metallic frames
rather than to soundboards (we compared cast-iron and some aluminum-based
alloy as  materials for the frame). Metallic frames changed sizes and
strings' pitches drastically with the temperature changes. I don't have the
data with me, they are in Russia, but if interesting, I will have an access
to the report this October.

Alex
Alexander Galembo, Ph. D.
NSERC-NATO Science fellow
Acoustics lab, Dept. of Psychology, Queen's University
Kingston ON  K7L3N6
Canada

Tel. (613) 5456000, ext. 5754
Fax (613) 5452499