Cristofori

Anne Beetem abeetem@wizard.net
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 19:20:01 -0500

>Anne. I would like to receive more information about David Sutherland
>because I
>am owner of a Pianoforte (1752) made in Portugal and I am interested in to
>change the action of it in a Cristofori one. This is totaly possible but I
>haven't the Cristofori's charts of the action. Rogerio Cunha - IC Member
>of the
>Guild - Rio - Brasil

Rogerio,

    How wonderful!  But why would you want to change it?  Was it altered
once before?   What sort of action do you have now?  Please tell us all you
know about your wonderful Portuguese piano.

     I don't have David's e-mail.  I suggest you join the hpschd-l.   Check
out our web page at            http://albany.edu/~hpschd-l/      There
should be instructions on how to join.

The harpsichord list includes discussion and networking between people
involved as players, builders, and aficianados of clavichords,
harpsichords, and early pianos.   I suggest you describe your treasure to
the list and see what sort of responses and advice you get.    At the
least,  you should be able to discover how to contact David.  For that
matter,  Stephen,  do you know?

    Best,    Anne

Anne Beetem
Harpsichords & Historic Pianos