Weighty Problem /make a U1 heavier

Michael Jorgensen Michael.Jorgensen@cmich.edu
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 08:35:47 +0000

Hi Cliff,
     I would start by changing the acoustics.  A heavy blanket or
insulation placed behind the piano makes the pianist work harder to get
tone creating an illusion of heavier touch.  If this is not good enough,
voicing the piano down would be next before making any action changes.
Any action changes should be notated in the piano so they can be undone
at a future time if required.  This will aid future technicians in
diagnosis.
-Mike Jorgensen RPT