SAT-Storage Help

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 08:26:58 -0600 (CST)

SAT users,

   I'm getting ready to store our master tuning for the PTG tuning test
into my SAT. I'm still new at using this and I just don't understand, for
sure, how to set up the note/octave display to store the tuning.
   For example, I want to store C-1. When the master was read, it was read
on octave 3, so when I store the master into the SAT should the note/octave
display read C-1 or C-3? I hope I'm being clear here.
   A related question I suppose is when storing a tuning from the piano,
how does one determine what settings to use?
   I guess this is one of those "can't see the forest for the trees" type
of thing, but the piano is being used for a test this weekend. Since it
needs to be tuned anyway, I want to go ahead and put the master tuning on
it.
   A quick answer would really help. Thanks.

Avery

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music
University of Houston