Weighty Problem

Billbrpt Billbrpt@aol.com
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 09:42:26 EST

<< How can I solve this customers
 problem without radically changing what I find is a fine working action?

                             Tunefully,
                                     Cliff Maurer (Lunytuner) >>
I gave you a brief answer in a previous post and was surprised to hear that
all other answers suggested weighting the keys.  Weighting the keys is
invasive and costly.   Using the "Jiffy" key leads would make quite a
substandard looking job, are subject to rattling and falling off.
Additionally, weighting the keys creates only a static resistance.  Weights
could be used in combination with the leverage appraoch I mentioned but will
probably not be necessary.

I do not have the time presently but if you would like, I can detail what you
need to do if you request it.  If there is anyone else on the List who knows
the procedure, please feel free to describe it.

I would suggest doing this and tell the customer to think about getting a
grand (a good quality one) in the next few years as the student progresses.
On the other hand, the student may be going away to college and wouldn't be
around to play it either.  In any case such a reward might be made as a
graduation gift which might well serve as an incentive for the student to come
home during school breaks.  To keep the customer engaged is the point.  Get
the action adjustment job now, then in a few more years, get your commission
for having sold a Steinway, Kawai, Mason & Hamlin or Yamaha C series.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin