Weighting for an improved action

ETomlinCF3 ETomlinCF3@aol.com
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 12:08:09 EST

Hi Cliff,
Nice to have you back on this list.
I would also check to see if the keys need to be rebushed.  The touch should
be even and consistant for good performance.  I would be tempted to use added
weights that could be romoved later if desired.  Bill Bremmers comments seem
to intrigue me.  Bill if you would take the time to explain, I would be
grateful.

(I found many of your recent posts humorous and passionate but not harsh and
ugly keep trying Bill, you'll get better at it)

Ed Tomlinson
Vancouver Wa

<<     Thanks for the quick respnse,
  I checked the down weight on the keys to this U1 and they were between
 53 -56 grams . The weight was less throughout the center of the keyboard
 and higher at both ends( note key level was even ).
     Ed, the keyleads looked like they were at the back of the keys but I
 didn't investigate further.
     It's very possible that the competition piano that I refered to,
 could have been out of regulation enough that it was difficult to
 play.That's the only unknown factor in this problem.
  My next question is , if I use any added weights to the keys and it
 increases the downweight resistance, how will it affect the upweight of
 the keys?
             Lunytuner >>