"Damp Chasers-n-Piano Covers"

RptBob1 RptBob1@aol.com
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 13:45:38 EST

Dale:

I have used a sheet of mylar(provided by Dampchaser) under a Yamaha grand that
sat near a huge cold air return.  I covered the entire open area below and cut
out the area where the water container sits.  This worked tremendously well!
>From year to year this piano doesn't deviate more than 2 cents.  Before the
mylar, I was having all kinds of problems maintaining pitch integrity.This
last year the piano needed just a very minor touchup.(House has Aprilaire and
piano gets used sporadically)

It also helps if you would ask your customers to keep the lid down on the
piano-except when they are entertaining and wish it to be open for "show".

It also keeps the interior much cleaner-but of course, you already knew that.

Hope this helps.

Oh, incidentally, it does make it a bit more difficult to change the pads, but
fasten the mylar in such a way that you can easily drop the sheet in the area
of the water tank.  Use large-headed thumbtacks to accomplish(like the ones DC
provides to connect dehumidifier rods in an upright piano.

Bob Bergantino, RPT
South Euclid, Ohio