Weighty Problem

Jerry Hunt jhunt@geocities.com
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 15:08:29 +0000

Newton Hunt wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> Mr. Bill Bremmer RPT, Madison, Wisconsin, advocates changing the
> leverage of the action by changing the contact point of the capstans on
> the rocker cushion.  This is a procedure that is advocated by Jack Wyatt
> of Dallas.
>
> I must, most emphatically disagree with Wyatt's jprocedure because it
> changes not the leverage of the action but changes it's geometry.  If
> you bend the support posts toward the strings or away from the strings
> you change the verticality of the action thus impairing it's ability to
> repeat <snip>
Newton Great-last-name Hunt,
Quite the contrary, Jack's procedure is designed to increase repetition
of a verticle action. The starting point, if memory serves me correctly,
is tiling the action towards the keys. There are other steps involved,
but one of the results is to increase down weight. To overcome this (if
desired) Jack uses a tool like the one that Lance mentioned to bend the
action post.

--
Jerry Hunt
Dallas, TX USA