Yamaha hammer butt loops

Lance Lafargue lafargue@iamerica.net
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 09:00:36 -0600

List,

I usually replace parts on this job.  I find that no matter what you do,
you can never get ALL of the hammers lined up EXACTLY where they were, so
some of the hammer string cuts (no matter how slight) do not match with the
strings.  It doesn't take much to effect tone.  So, I always file (often
times shoeshine) the hammers and voice them while I'm at it.  I charge
accordingly which brings up the cost of just replacing the flanges.  Am I
missing something, or do you all file as well??
Lance Lafargue, RPT
New Orleans Chapter
Covington, LA.
lafargue@iamerica.net