Weighty Problem

DGPEAKE DGPEAKE@aol.com
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 23:41:06 EST

<<        My experience with action improvement has always been with
 trying to make actions play easier ,or should I say with as little
 frictional resistance as possible. How can I solve this customers
 problem without radically changing what I find is a fine working action?

                             Tunefully,
                                     Cliff Maurer (Lunytuner)

Cliff,

If I am to understand your question, you are asking if we can make the upright
action play heavier?  Other than checking all of the friction points of the
action centers, or key bushings  you might try adjusting the damper spoons.
If the hammer travels 1/2 way before the damper starts to lift, then adjust it
between 1/3 and 1/2.  This will allow a heavier touch.  If no adjustment can
be made, a good grand should be in order.  They do not take as much room as
you think!

Hope I am on track or on the same page.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland, OR