SAT-Storage Help

DGPEAKE DGPEAKE@aol.com
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 23:41:08 EST

<<
    I'm getting ready to store our master tuning for the PTG tuning test
 into my SAT. I'm still new at using this and I just don't understand, for
 sure, how to set up the note/octave display to store the tuning.
    For example, I want to store C-1. When the master was read, it was read
 on octave 3, so when I store the master into the SAT should the note/octave
 display read C-1 or C-3? I hope I'm being clear here.
    A related question I suppose is when storing a tuning from the piano,
 how does one determine what settings to use?
    I guess this is one of those "can't see the forest for the trees" type
 of thing, but the piano is being used for a test this weekend. Since it
 needs to be tuned anyway, I want to go ahead and put the master tuning on
 it.
    A quick answer would really help. Thanks.

 Avery

You store it like you would any tuning the the SAT will memorize except you
need not worry about which partials to set it to.  The internal scoring
program (if that is what you are using) does it automatically.  Press shift
and page down to the SUP portion of the program.  The start with A1 (actually
C-1 for the test) enter your readings, press shift-sto mem and it will proceed
to the next note.  Do this all they way to C-88 (actually B-87 for the test)
and Bingo!  It is stored.  If you would like some help getting started, give
me a call at 503-761-4800 in the evenings (PST) and I will get my SAT out as a
reference and you will be on your way.

Directions should be in the CTE manual if the new ones are ready.  I have yet
to receive mine.

Hope this helps.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland, OR