Weighty Problem

Maurer family ab254@oak-web.washington-ch.oh.us
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 08:54:53 -0500

Dear Listers,
    I really appreciate the help on this subject. With all the info that
I've received I should be able to put together an informed response to
my customer's request. I'll let you know the outcome.
    To Bill Bremmer,
        As to the competition piano that I was refering to, I would
assume that it was a Steinway. Whether it had Teflon bushings or not I
do not know. Needless to say, I beleive that there probably was an
action problem with this piano. I have run into other pianos that were
rented by this company, that I've tuned for concerts and there have been
some regulation problems with them as well.
    To Ed Tomlinson,
           The U1 in question is only 4 years old . I thought about key
bushings when I was at the piano, but they all seemed to be just right.
        I think in the long run that my client should really consider
moving up to a grand piano, but I think a careful approach on resolving
the current problem, with the solutions that people on this list have
given me, will yield the best result.
                Again thanks to all .
                    Cliff Maurer (Lunytuner)