Got a laugh from this one

Brad Smith bsmith006@sprintmail.com
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 05:11:22 -0500

Excellent prostigdagnoosiss  of the piano technicians innards.  The same
could also be
said of most piano owners.  The in-tuneness of the pno is directly
proportionate to the
digestion of the owner.    (For exact definition of 'prostigdagnoosiss'
please see future
book that I will write in next life, entitled: "Life on the Edge of
Insanity".)
Now the secret is out.....I just tune according to the voices in my head.
Doctor! When
will they stop? :-)

Brad Smith, RPT
Manchester, NH
-----Original Message-----
From: John Woodrow <woodroj@syvax.email.dupont.com>
To: pianotech@ptg.org <pianotech@ptg.org>
Date: Thursday, March 12, 1998 8:27 PM
Subject: Got a laugh from this one

>List,
>Came across this gem on page 588 of "Tuning" by Owen Jorgensen. Gave me a
good laugh so for those who haven't seen it previously:

>"Tuners are governed by instinct principally, and are necessarily
emotional. They cannot be relied upon to tune at all times with equal
results, for much depends upon mood. The most expert and rapid tuners are
men possessed of a highly excitable, nervous, and emotional temperament,
verging on the border of insanity at times". Daniel Spillane, The Piano,
Scientific, Technical, and Practical Instructions relating to Tuning,
Regulating, and Toning (New York: Edward Lyman Bill, 1893), p26.