HT's

A440A A440A@aol.com
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 15:08:26 EST

Greetings,
Les writes:
<<Stagnant, petrified, ossified, god-awful boring and predictible as it
has become, Classical music really isn't dead. It's just that through the
never-ending efforts of the CMP in ensure that the same tired old pieces
will always be played in the same old, tired, mind-numbing ways, that
those forced to listen to the same things over and over and over again
eventually get to a point where they  wish that THEY WERE DEAD, and
then just stop listening altogether. One can hardly blame them. >>

   I agree,  this is the strongest argument yet to get rid of Equal
temperament for music composed pre 1850.
Regards,
Ed Foote
(Well, I mean, I got a temper, so that makes us equal......(:)}}}