HT's...a challenge

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 01:36:19 -0600

----------
> From: Billbrpt <Billbrpt@aol.com>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: HT's
> Date: Sunday, March 15, 1998 7:50 PM

> <<  I have never seen a complete audience fooled like this before.
It felt
> good.  >>
>

> It is far easier to believe that ET sounds best and to try to
supress any
> challenge to it.

Challenges and tune off's sound like a great idea. But are you
willing to consider all parameters?  For instance I heard from a very
good horses mouth in at least one comparison test, the voicing was
strikingly different between the two pianos.   Also what two pianos
are to be used?  Well that shouldn't matter if you consider this
test.
	Tune one to ET and the other to an HT.  Play the same music on both.
Have the audience choose.  Now, retune the HT piano to ET and vice
versa.  Then have an audience choose again.  This it should be done
by two tuners, one who favors ET, and one who favors HT.

Richard Moody