HT's - more thoughts

John Woodrow woodroj@syvax.email.dupont.com
Tue, 17 Mar 1998 12:25:33 +1100

>Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 11:58:12 -0500
>From: "Eugenia Carter" <ginacarter@email.msn.com>
>Subject: HT's - more thoughts

Eugenia,
I point I meant to stress in my last post was that I was really trying to
focus on this issue at the grass roots level.  My tongue-in-cheek comment
about 'average' Asian pianos was never intended to 'bag' Asian piano's.
What I was exploring was the impact for the 'average' player on the
'average' piano, and therefor by default, the average technician.

I believe a lot of the discussion on HT's takes place at the 'elite end',
fine piano, excellent musician, classic piece of music.  Just wanted to
explore the impacts on the other end of the market, the important one, the
one that I make money from.

Best Regards,
John

><<PIANOS
>>I would be interested if we could find out what percentage >of grands and
verticals are in use today. Maybe I'm >fortunate, but at least 50% or more
of those I service are >grands.

>>I must respectfully disagree with the thought that the
>>"most of the newer Asian group are at best of medium >quality." I service
many, to be brand specific Yamahas and >Kawais, which are very nice
instruments. Grands they are >not, but very enjoyable and satisfactory
pianos they are.

Email:		Woodroj@syvax.email.dupont.com
Telephone:	61-2-99236103
Fax:		61-2-99236099