Thought Police - was HT's

John Woodrow woodroj@syvax.email.dupont.com
Tue, 17 Mar 1998 13:25:14 +1100

>I too think that enough is enough.
>The subject is old.

>>Are there really that many of you out there that give a >>real darn?
>>Thank goodness we have a delete button and don't have to >>read all of
these.

>>Am I further stirring up a hornet's nest?

As the person who started this latest round of discussions on HT I would
like to respond to the above comments as I think an important principal is
involved here.  However, please take my comments in the good spirit that is
intended.

A whole range of topics are discussed on this OPEN forum.  Some are of
great interest to me, others I find dreadfully uninteresting.  Verdigris is
probably a fascinating subject to some, however I am not one of them.  That
little green stuff is a subject that endlessly repeats on this list.
Should I write in next time it surfaces and say "stop talking about this, I
am not interested in it, and while I don't really know I don't anyone else
is interested either"?

No I won't do this.  I will just flick over it onto a subject that does
interests me (HT's being one of these).  Try getting the digests instead of
the individual posts.  They make skipping uninteresting topics a breeze.

For those who find this subject dull, take heart, if no one is truly
interested it will die soon enough on its own.

Best Regards,
John Woodrow
Sydney, Australia

Email:		Woodroj@syvax.email.dupont.com