bone

THEOFONE THEOFONE@aol.com
Tue, 17 Mar 1998 00:30:48 EST

dpitsch@ix.netcom.com writes:

<<
 While on the topic, I understand than walrus tusks have been used as well.
Is
 this true? >>

                  A little late in responding but there are three sources for
ivory.
Elephant tusks,walrus tusks,(as David mentioned ) and the third is the back
teeth of an Elk. Not being a sportsman, I dont know how useful they would be
as far as size goes, they are ivory none the less.

                                                                 Theodore
Mamel RPT
                                                                  Pittsburgh
Chapter