Pleyel grand

Greg Torres Tunapiana@adisfwb.com
Tue, 17 Mar 1998 16:15:28 -0600

Dear List,

I came across a Pleyel, Lyons & Cie  baby grand (approx. 5 1/2, didn't
have tape measure)
serial # 685R underneath on soundboard  (might have been 635R).

The name on the fallboard was Pleyel, Paris. Case appeared to be
rosewood or similar. The finish hid the grain and the light was poor so
I really couldn't tell what it was.

Overall condition was fair, strings individually tied, hairline crack
across the board (with the grain) bridges appeared to have no signs of
cracks and everything appeared to be original.

I was wondering if this piano would be something to consider purchasing
for restoration?
I have no idea what the purchase price would be since it was donated to
a church but they decided to buy a new Yamaha. Any opinions as to what
to offer for it and what it could be worth as is or with partial or full
restoration would be welcome from all.

Thanks in advance,
Greg Torres