Geneva International warranty

Billbrpt Billbrpt@aol.com
Wed, 18 Mar 1998 01:38:03 EST

<< Geneva International imports Petrof pianos.  Alan Vincent is their service
 rep.  ALL repairs must be preauthorized by him unless the dealer is paying
 for the service, which is usually the case.  In this case, I was
circumventing the dealer, as I have in the past for such factory warranteed
repairs with other companies (Baldwin etc, Samick etc, Kawai and others). The
customer is entitled to fast qualified service.  That's what I give them
................  at the risk of not being paid or being grossly ignored, both
of which irritate me to no end.  This time I got all that, and more.
  GET PREAUTHORIZATION FIRST FOR ALL WARRANTEED REPAIRS ON GENEVA
INTERNATIONAL PRODUCTS.  Believe me, it's for the best.
 Larry Fisher RPT  >>

Don't take this personally.  I had the same frustration you did years ago and
felt the same way.  It is a matter of policy.  A guy like Alan gets bills from
all kinds of kooks every day.  The only way to handle this is to deny any
claim that was not preauthorized.

If you will be doing a regular amount of work that may involve his
authorization, I'm sure you might be able to work something out with him to
get around the problem.  You might even go ahead and do the work pending the
authorization then send the bill after you get it.  He is a reasonable guy but
also a smart one.  Companies like Geneva hired him because they have the
confidence that he knows how to control prudently the warranty costs they will
have to pay.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin