Petroff/Geneva International warranty

ETomlinCF3 ETomlinCF3@aol.com
Wed, 18 Mar 1998 02:52:29 EST

Lar and list,

I had a warranty claim on a Petroff that had bridge pins placed so grossly out
that I had to replace them properly.  Bass strings that did not match.  Many
cracks in the bridges on and on.  They would not hear of helping with this.
The instrument was only 7 years old.  I was used to a fast "you bet we will
help"...." send us the bill"..." sorry to hear that,  What was the serial
number...here is your authorization code".  Not excatctly the reply.  Oh Well,
not all company's do as Yamaha.  ( bold Yamaha fan here)

Ed Tomlinson
Tomlinson Tuning and Repair

<< This one backfired.

 Geneva International imports Petrof pianos.  Alan Vincent is their service
 rep.  ALL repairs must be preauthorized by him unless the dealer is paying
 for the service, which is usually the case.  In this case, I was
 circumventing the dealer, as I have in the past for such factory warranteed
 repairs with other companies (Baldwin etc, Samick etc, Kawai and others).
 The customer is entitled to fast qualified service.  That's what I give them
 ................  at the risk of not being paid or being grossly ignored,
 both of which irritate me to no end.  This time I got all that, and more.

 GET PREAUTHORIZATION FIRST FOR ALL WARRANTEED REPAIRS ON GENEVA
 INTERNATIONAL PRODUCTS.  Believe me, it's for the best.

 Lar >>