HT's

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Tue, 17 Mar 1998 23:54:25 -0800

Billbrpt wrote:

> << Seriously. I can understand how pained you might be to hear that the tuning
> work that you have been doing all these years is fundamentally wrong,
> according to Bill Bremmer, and that you'd better start learning how and when
> to tune historical temperaments. >>
>
> I have never said that choosing to tune ET is "wrong".  It, for me however has
> become the very last choice of temperament that I personally would ever make.

Bill,

My apologies. I stand corrected. I see your point about how a
less-than-spot-on ET could easily be a RW if the tuner is not conscious
of how he is deviating from ET. I never think of ET in a historical
perspective, any more than a fish thinks of water. If ET is unachievable
(always), then a mild victorian temperament is the logical backup.

--
Thomas A. Cole RPT
Santa Cruz, CA