HT's

Michael Jorgensen Michael.Jorgensen@cmich.edu
Wed, 18 Mar 1998 10:21:31 +0000

Tom Cole wrote:

> Bill, List:
>
> I'd say that HTs are an acquired
> taste.

Hello Tom and List,
   Likely ET is an aquired taste.  What would a seventeenth century
musician would have to say about ET thirds?  Classical western music may
also be an aquired taste. About ten years ago, a christian missionary to
Kalimanton told me he had played Bach for people who never heard western
music.  According to him, they weren't impressed by it.  Interestingly
they had a Baldwin Hamilton there in the back country where no tuner
would go. I supplied his wife with a tuning hammer and some mutes and
some basic repair/tuning instructions.  They had been trying to tune
using a little Korg tuner and a wrench.
-Mike Jorgensen