devil's advocate..Montal

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Wed, 18 Mar 1998 03:17:51 -0600

This is good stuff for the student of history. Thanks.  I am not sure
of the notation.
Is c1 the same as c' ?  Which note is middle C or C4 ?
	Montal is in the bibliography of Jorgensen, but no mention of him in
the text, by way of the index.  These instructions have many of the
details and tests that Jorgensen claims were not known to early
tuners, therefore they could not tune ET.   (actually, come close
enough  to Jorgensen's standards.)
	It is good that is in the bib. as it gives a modern version.
		Reprint. Geneve: Minkoff, 1976