Superglue/ivories

Wimblees Wimblees@aol.com
Wed, 18 Mar 1998 22:18:51 EST

>I am wondering if anyone has use a thin superglue as a
>preventive procedure with ivories where the original glue is
>dried out?  I would expect the glue might wick under the ivory
>and help secure it to the key?
>
>Thanks in advance...
>
>ilvey
>Pacifica, CA
>ilvey@a.crl.com

Dave:

I have used the medium viscosity super glue with better results because you
have a little more control over where the glue flows. It is also my opinion
that the longer the glue takes to cure, the more resilient it is. This will
allow it to expand and contract with the changes in humidity.

Willem Blees RPT
St. Louis