HT's (Ad Nauseum)

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 01:20:12 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 18 Mar 1998, ralph m martin wrote:

> Les
> Jim and I have been noticing for quite some time, your flagrant use of
> common sense. Time and time again you are guilty of displaying this
> wretched behavior.
> We say,"to hell with the pianist...we give him a weird tuning and it is
> his responsibility
> to make it sound normal"
>
> Any further display of common sense will result in your being forced to
> listen to Irish folk music day and night for a period of six weeks.
>
> Consider yourself warned!!!

Have you ever noticed how, when Irish folk music is being played, every-
one listening is always boozing it up, big-time? At first I couldn't
figure it out but then it dawned on me: some music and drinking are just
MADE for one another, they naturally go together. For me it works this
way. First, when I start out listening, the music usually doesn't sound
too good. But then, after a couple of drinks, I find that it starts
sounding better. And so it goes--the more I drink, the better and better
the music  sounds, until finally-- just as it starts to sound REALLY
GREAT--I pass out cold. :(

I mention this because if I should accidentally express a common sensical
idea in some future post, I'm prepared to pay the price. I think I could
probably endure the two of you singing Irish folk songs night and day for
six weeks straight IF I had enough to drink. HOWEVER, you should be aware
that the more I listen to Irish music , and the more I drink, and the
better it starts to sound to me, the more inclined I am to JOIN IN! In
which case, you'll want to make sure that YOU'VE been drinking right
along with me!

Now YOU have been warned! :-)

Les Smith