pitch at A4 vs time

Paul McCloud smccloud@ix.netcom.com
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 08:16:25 -0800

Ron:
	I will have to agree with your opinion regarding where to listen- at
the attack or on the decay.  I use almost exclusively the SAT, which I
find is great for "seeing" what is happening when one tunes a note.  I
can set the string with a firm blow and see whether it has a tendency to
go just a little flat.  With the display you can see this.  Especially
in the top octave, you must use the attack to tune with, since there
aren't any dampers, and any kind of sympathetic noises confuse the
display.
	Paul McCloud