Fence Sitting HT, humorous?

JIMRPT JIMRPT@aol.com
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 21:20:18 EST

Ed;
  If we take Bill at his premise that pianos tuned in ET force the performer
to play "fast and loud" then I believe I have found incontrovertible evidence
that ET was used extensively in the early 1800's.
  In Arthur Loesser's book he says  ".........so piano virtuosos -those who
could play *fast and loud*, make complicated turns and twists and leaps, and
execute breathtaking successions of double notes- were made into heroes by
Paris and then obidiently, by the rest of the European continent during the
1830's and 1840's."
  So there it is !!! "fast and loud", sure signs of playing in ET huh? :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)