Piano Dollie questions...

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Fri, 20 Mar 1998 08:03:46 -0500

Garrett,
I cut a sheet of plywood into three sections and leap-frog them
over rough terrain.
Pianotek has dollies with pneumatic wheels for this purpose,
more expensive than plywood though.
D-208 - $195
D-200 - $295

The plywood helps for brick walkways and can be used at the
bottom of the ramp for wheels to have a smooth surface while
starting up the ramp.  Also I have a 4x6 block to place at the
threshold and have a piece of plywood traverse the landing.
Around here there are a lot of entries with three to four steps,
a landing and one step up at the door into the house.
It's nice to have a straight shot at this.
I use a trailer also, low loading, low overhead.

Jon Page