Piano Dollie questions...

Keith McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Sun, 22 Mar 1998 17:01:09 -0600 (CST)

Garrett, List,

>The best way to get across grass is with a plywood sidewalk. You'll need 3
>pieces heavy enough to roll on.
>    Dennis

And I have used particle board with success as well (lighter/heavier?),
cutting 4x8 in half lengthwise, rolling piano on one piece, then relocating
the other piece in the direction of move, then again, etc., as others have
already mentioned.  Used rigid wheel dolly.

By the time I was finished, I was exhausted from relocating those two
pieces and moving the piano each time.  'Twas a very long yard to final
destination!!!!!!!!    Obviously, the more pieces you have, the less times
you have to bend over, pick them up, and set them down.

Only have had one of these moves in 20 years.  If I did alot, would
definitely go with one of the grass/terrain type dollies.

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731