historical et (Long)

Billbrpt Billbrpt@aol.com
Sun, 22 Mar 1998 23:22:10 EST

<<  They all just accepted the tuning as normal.>>

  Yeah Bill,  you believe what you want to believe,

 Tom Ayers
 Pianosrv@aol.com >>

Well, I guess there is the possibility that there were some who just sat there
wringing their hands through the whole thing and to be diplomatic, got up and
quietly left when it was over.  I just don't understand however how the crowd
could have all stood unanimously and applaud if this were the case or why the
artist would have this to say in a written card the next day:

   "Thank you so much for the inspiring weekend.  The moments in your company
and in the company of the most organic, alive, breathing pianos were a true
cosmic, trancendental experience."

Now, you can't believe everything you read, can you?  Some of us choose to
believe only the material which supports our position.  There just had to be
at least one person who went home angry and upset about all the uneven 3rds,
the tempered 5ths, the "wolf" and the fact that "you couldn't modulate".  Why,
that person was severely put off from going up to the piano afterwards and
banging on all the intervals that sounded "sour" by all the fools who couldn't
hear what really was there to be heard, an unethically and abnormally tuned
piano.  There ought to be a law against it!

You just gotta believe what you believe and stick to it, by George!

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin