Shearing block style and ET

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Sun, 22 Mar 1998 23:36:46 -0600

Hi Ralph ol buddy old pal good friend,
	No, I am not asking for a drink, but I may have to offer you one if you
or anyone can give me a quick lesson in the block chord style of George
Shearing.  I think ET allowed the "discovery" of this rather than the
other way around.  Anyhow I would like to compare this style in ET and
some HT's.  (I gotta make it relevant for the list don'tcha know).
	As long as we are into favorite players, have you heard the Cuban players
such as Noro Morales (sp) and Eddie Palmari?  And I have to  believe
Herbie Hancock took off from Bill Evans.  I heard "Maiden Voyage" Dolphin
Dance the other night, that has to be an epoch album. That was 1965 he
must have been 16?? Don't know why I think he  he is two years younger
than me... I wonder why it took until 1938 for these chords to start
appearing? The 5'6" night club piano perhaps?
Richard Moody