Roaming pianos and more...

Robert Goodale Robert.Goodale@nau.edu
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 17:26:00 -0700

Here at NAU we haven't had much problem with roaming pianos. It seems
that no one around here gets stiffed with moving pianos but me!  :-(

A problem we have had, however, is the benches walking away under their
own power. It seems that students cop them and take them back to their
dorm rooms to use as night stands, TV stands, stereo stands, or
whatever. One thing we have been considering is to attach a thin coated
cable between the bench and the piano. Likewise another problem is that
students remove the bottom panels from the uprights and take them to
their dorm rooms. Then they cop some cinder blocks from who knows where
and make tables/book shelves with them. Needless to say we never see the
bottoms OR benches ever again. I've now started screwing the bottom
panels in place. Only in America.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Northern Arizona U.