Roaming pianos(institutional)

Thu, 26 Mar 1998 07:24:45 -0600

Moodyinthedarkaboutwanderingsins,

At 22:35 3/25/98 -0600, you wrote:

>I still wanna know why it is a sin to move a piano around the room??

The practice rooms here aren't large enough to spin the grands around, BUT
they could, and have been,  moved regardless of the caster cups -( most of
them have disappeared).

The sin??  Inward opening doors do the number on the lid/case.  Notched
grand lids are not really a fashion statement. Neither are bent lid hinges
with screws pulled out.  It's real fun when you go to open a grand to tune
and the lid tries to slide off.

Consoles usually are out of range of the doors, but ausgewanderers wind up
in lobbies, elevator, hallways, classrooms and even other practice rooms.
Coming in in the morning and having to rearrange 600# furniture does not put
you in the best mood for the day.

Conrad

Conrad Hoffsommer		Office - (319) 387-1204
Luther College
700 College Drive, Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045
hoffsoco@martin.luther.edu -or- pno2ner@salamander.com

If I had multiple personality disorder, my resume would make more sense.