FLYING PIANOS!!!!

Robert Goodale Robert.Goodale@nau.edu
Thu, 26 Mar 1998 10:05:02 -0700

Did anyone besides me catch the segment on "Goodmorning America" this
morning about the guy in England who is launching pianos?

This seems to have evolved into a new sport, and a lot of people have
been experimenting with this new form of destruction. This is certainly
not a new concept. I'm sure everyone has heard of or viewed the now
famous scene from "Northern Exposure".

What this guy is doing, however, is much more impressive. His name is
Hew Kennedy from England, and he has built a MASSIVE machine which
flings full-sized cars hundreds of feet into the air, sending them
flying hundreds of yards accross an empty field. The clip from the show
this morning was absolutely hilarious. He also launcehs large pianos
which spontaniously turn to splinters upon impact. Hmmmmm, I can think
of a few that I'd like to do that to. (A great destructive test for CA
glue?)

I did a brief internet search and found the following, well worth a peek
and a good laugh. Enjoy!

Rob Goodale, RPT

http://asylum.apocalypse.org/pub/u/zonker/fpp/html/trebuchet.html
(About the guy in England)