evolution

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Thu, 26 Mar 1998 16:57:37

Hello, all --

Thanks to Ted Simmons, I've found the article which Horace mentions below,
in the March '75 Journal. There are two parts, one revised by Anton Kuerti
for the Journal, entitled, "What Pianists Should Know About Pianos", and
the other, "Anton Kuerti's Step-by-step Guide for determining if your piano
is in good regulation."

and, boy, do they look good....

Susan
At 12:45 PM 3/26/98 -0800, Horace wrote:

>Gina, et al,
>
>Ditto, etc.
>
>Anton's willingness to spend the time necessary to learn the finer
>point of technical work, while clearly driven by necessity, have made
>him an even more compentent performer.  This is particularly true
>when viewed from the position of knowing where the piano stops
>and he starts.
>
>He published, years ago, an article which makes the (very) basics
>of regulation immediately accessible to non-technicians.  With his
>permission, I have used in classes for years and years.  The title,
>of course, presently escapes my enfeebled mind, but is on the order
>of "..Things to look for and easy ways to check them..."  Still the best
>1000 words or less on how a non-technician can (reasonably) assess
>the basic regulation of an instrument.
>
>He's a joy to work with, personally and professionally.
>
>Best to all.
>
>Horace

Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651
Philomath, OR 97370
skline@proaxis.com

"Relax! Between the inconceivably big and the inconceivably
small, there's an area where everything is perfetly conceivable!"
		-- Ashleigh Brilliant