Geometry (was:Spring fever)

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 09:19:26 -0500

"Hand built" pianos have the assumption of 'lack of unifority'.
Where the integration of precision would benefit the overall
performance, an acceptance of "hap-hazzrd" seems to be
more with what I discover and remedy.

Standardization would be too hard of a measure to be held
accountable.  So it's the 'feature' which is accepted.

Jon Page

At , you wrote:
>At 07:18 PM 3/26/98 -0800, you wrote:
>>Generally it was a result of Steinways habit of allowing the action stack
to float around
>>on the keyframe. The front of the keyset is aligned to the front of the
piano -- either
>>the front of the arm or the front of the keybed. The plate does not have
a fixed
>>relationship to the rim and the action -- with its hammers already
installed -- is aligned
<snip>