re-bushing action brackets

Jerry Hunt jhunt@NoBots.geocities.com
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 08:22:14 -0600

My understanding is that if the hole is bushed correctly, it will stay
in. The procedure was outlined in a Journal article in the April-June
1996 timeframe. Working from memory here, you cut a point in the action
cloth, pull it through the hole, leaving approximately 1/2" protruding,
this part being on the side of the action bracket where the hook will be
inserted. You then fold this back flat against the bracket, hold it
while pulling the other side to snug it down. Then, on the other side,
cut off the point flush with the action bracket.

Having said that, if you feel like some sort of glue is required, I
think the contact cement that's used to glue on auto molding/weather
stripping would do it. I've used that stuff to glue the thick felt pads
(I made mine from hammer felt) that the hammer rest rail sits on at rest
to the action brackets.

--
Antispam note: remove NoBots from e-mail address.